Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Brave New World

"A new project has been unveiled that aims to create a "virtual you", capable of interacting with a person's family, friends and ancestors after their death.

The team from MIT claims that by collecting a person's digital footprint over their lifetime and using "complex artificial intelligence algorithms", it will be able to create an avatar that emulates the person's personality."


Read more: http://www.itproportal.com/2014/02/03/new-project-will-allow-users-to-live-forever-as-virtual-avatar-/#ixzz2sVcuFqVw

And that is just creepy.

This morning, Facebook presented me with a movie of my year based on my interactions there. It consisted of twelve pictures of my dog and a quote off my blog about how my poop turned green after a week at a writer's retreat that served only vegan food.

We're staring into the abyss and the abyss is staring back, taking notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!