Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Stationery Heartbreak

Photobucket

Cruising blogs, I saw this post about falling in love with stationery supplies then having one's heart broken when the company stops making the item.

Since I've experienced this twice -- Black Velvet pencils, Papermate Flair (original) -- I decided, I had better put my heart on the line too.

Disposable Pilot Varsity Fountain Pens -- they write as smoothly as everyone reports, but lack the elegance I associate with fountain pens.
  • I was musing about how to word that remark and picked up a favorite fountain pen of mine and it leaked South Sea Blue ink all over me which was less elegant than I remember.
Also, disposing of a fountain pen is against my religion.

Who would cast aside a lovely fountain pen?


To that end, there are multiple web pages showing how to reload this pen, which defeats the design purpose, but shows the obstinance and resourcefulness of human beings.

Too bad all that energy won't keep companies from discontinuing perfectly good products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!