Sunday, October 17, 2021

Journal Musings

A commonplace book is a type of journal/scrapbook meant to contain ideas, notes, sayings – whatever struck the writer to remember. Less coherent than morning pages or Dear Diary, a compendium of wisdom as one makes their way through the day.

 But what if your commonplace book was a photo journal.

 

I started a little photo journal – made it myself – using a business card printer – and found I was collecting odd stuff that struck my fancy with no rhyme or reason.



The line at the vaccination clinic. The time the neighbors rode by on mules. Rocky and his sweater. Drones at the lake. It became a photographic random access memory file and is quite fun to browse.

 

The business card printers only work with smart phones, but when I use a regular camera, I email or message it to myself to get it in the phone.

 

I started with a polaroid printer which was nothing but fun. However, they kept updating the app until it was virtually impossible to use and absolutely no fun at all. I finally threw the stupid thing away. 

 

Then I tried Fuji Instax – which works well – never a problem with its bluetooth, but it uses actual photo paper and sometimes I like to cut the pictures up and that is a messy no go with that paper. Also a glue stick is required to post with this system.

 

Finally settled on Canon Ivy which uses Zink paper with a sticky backing. No glue stick. Trim however. This one also connects with no problem. The battery life is not spectacular however.

 

A journal with no words (mostly.) 



Music by https://www.bensound.com

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!