Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

Miss me? I'm back.

I went to this ...



Where I looked at a lot of stuff like this ...



Listened to this guy, among others.

Most of the drive to the conference looked like this ...



I missed Photo Theme Thursday - Nature.



And Friday Fill-Ins.
1. When I fell in love things got complicated!
2. I relax when the flowers bloom and it heats up outside!
3. Oh no! The internet connection is down, whatever will I do?
4. LOST is the craziest tv show ever.
5. Cheese and apples and wine make a great meal!
6. Plant a garden. Feed yourself.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to the EMS Conference, tomorrow my plans include more EMS Conference and Sunday, I want to get home and recover!

I realized I could never be a travel writer.

Every place looks like every other place. One stretch of freeway could be any stretch of freeway.

Industrial area/rundown housing just outside the city limits. Packed four lanes of traffic driving by Home Depot, Barnes & Noble, Shopko, Costco, gas station, Office Mart, Home Depot and the pattern repeats.

Except in Billings there seemed to be a tattoo parlor on every corner so it was Home Depot, Borders, tattoo place, Shopko etc.

I didn't notice a multitude of tattooed people though . . .

We lived in Billings, long time ago. I didn't see anything I recognized, except, this place.



We had dinner there on our 10th wedding anniversary and it changed our lives.



How, you may inquire?

The after party.

When people asked what Husband Dearest got me for our 11th anniversary I said,

I told him not to get me what he got me last year.

What was that, they wondered?

Pregnant, my reply.

Faithful Reader, Number 1 Fan -- my kiddo -- just fainted.

I hadn't been on a long trip since the car wreck, so that was a challenge.

And, of course, there is no ocean in Billings, Montana, always a down side, but vacation is in the wings.

Ocean, Ocean, OCEAN.



Thankfully, the drive back looked like this. (Two reasons people like Montana.)



I'm glad to be home.

4 comments:

  1. man, that last photo is amazing! Welcome back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:18 PM

    http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/04/28/really-stunning-pictures-and-photos/ these make me want a hi-res digital camera w/ big lenses and quick shutter speeds and knowledge of photoshop. haha. glad you are back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,

    Thanks.

    Stella,

    Ansel Adams did all his work with an 8x10 view camera and contact prints. OTOH, photoshop is fun.

    :)

    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:11 AM

    Montana is definitely one of the more breath taking states to visit. Those pictures prove that! But I know what you mean about every place being same, same, same.

    I hope there is an ocean in your near future!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!