Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Take Five Tuesday

5 useless bits of trivia, that you know, or find interesting.

Mules are sterile.

You have to get a goat pregnant before she'll give you milk.

(Sounds like the date from hell, doesn't it?)

If you whistle, a mule deer will stop and listen. An elk will run.

Dryer lint makes good fire starter.

I know why giving oxygen to someone with emphysema will make them stop breathing, which is less useless trivia, more scare-the-crap-out-of-you fact.

5 things you did to celebrate Easter.

Did not go to church.

Worshipped at the altar of the ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT-BUFFET.

Drank Mimosas.

Went to the movies.

Did this on Christmas Day too. Amazing the number of heathens one can meet this way.

5 songs stuck in your head, right at the moment your posting this.

"I'm A Good Old Rebel" by Hoyt Axton

How could a person have five songs stuck in her head at one time? One stuck song is more than enough, thank-you.
I'm a good old rebel, now that's just what I am.
For this Yankee nation, I do not give a damn.
I'm glad I fought agin her,
I only wish we'd won.
I ain't ask any pardon, for anything I done.

5 of your pet’s names.

Gracie, Lil, Maggie, Lucy, Duchess.

5 sounds you hear right now.

Two heater fans

Well, that drowns out everything else.

Find this meme here.

2 comments:

  1. About the goats--not always true. Occasionally a goat will give milk spontaneously. Dunno why. Maybe it's the influence of the other female goats' hormones or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone waiting for a goat to spontaneously lactate is going to be thirsty for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!