Friday, April 11, 2008

Post #300 -- Who'da Thought

I missed commerating my blogging anniversary -- three years, January 1st. Hard for me to believe.

Another milestone I didn't mention, although I did a virtual dance around my office, was the 6,000th view of the blog.


Who are these people?
(WELL, OK, PROBABLY 5,987 OF THE HITS ARE JUST ME.)

Anyway, I thought Post #300 oughta be something special, so here goes.

Remember this guy?

From Woodstock, the original.

Hugh Romney, AKA Wavy Gravy. Primo Hippie. Still kicking it at 70.

Back in the day -- he started a campaign -- Nobody for President.

Nobody has all the answers.

Nobody keeps all campaign promises.

Nobody will lower your taxes.

Who makes apple pie better than Mom? Nobody.

Nobody should have that much power.

Who do you want running your life?

Nobody.

Can't find someone to vote for? Vote for Nobody.

Nobody for President.

Click here for a clip of Wavy.

Here's the original music video.


"They're all a bunch of losers and liars."

Not much has changed.


Now, you may wonder, what has gotten into her?

Personally, I avoid political blogs because while everyone thinks their opinion is precious, mostly, they're just boring. So, it's against my nature to foist one upon the masses (or the 6,000).


BUT

I'm about to finish my anti-war screenplay and I've been flashing back to the 60s so hard, you could get a contact high from being in the same room with me.

AND

The treadmills at the gym are all pointed at TVs tuned to CNN, so I'm forced to watch Obama and Hillary trading snipes for one hour or two miles whichever comes first.

Like a zephyr muse, these two events collided to fire up one unreconstructed Flower Child, so as we used to say, back in the day,

Peace and Love

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:14 AM

    ....a contact high? wavy gravy is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:52 PM

    Groovy post! Peace out!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!