Monday, May 19, 2008

Camera Woes

This is my old camera.I've looked at a lot through this lens.
This ia my new camera.
I've seen quite a bit through this one too.
What's driving me crazy is . . .
this one doesn't quite work the way
this one did.
And the camera I own that works the best
is this little thing.
It's enough to drive a person to drink.
Oh wait.
Too late.

UPDATE: Searching the net to decide if I'll switch to a Nikon dslr, I found a review that explained WHY (oh why) Olympus consistently delivered softer images than anybody else.

It is a function of their automatic settings designed to compress highlights and shadows into a medium range so that the average photographer will get a usuable picture. Usually triggered by low-light or high contrast situations.


Big, god-damn, freakin' SIGH!

Which explains why I would get soft pictures then sharp pictures as I changed settings, not paying any attention to what I was doing, (give me a break, I'm used to film) just comparing the resultant images.

I oughta get testosterone credits for proceeding without reading the manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!