Thursday, June 26, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins


1. Birthdays are the very best days.

We don't have to share on our birthdays.

2. Summer is my favorite season because of quiet evenings in the yard.

Under the trees, grass freshly watered, neighborhood noise down to a murmur, can we get any more small town America?

Nope.

3. I feel my best when I've done good work.

Husband Dearest says I'm always in a good mood after I've written.

I'm sure I don't know what he means.

4. Chipped Beef Gravy is my favorite food ...

... when I was a kid. My absolute favorite.

5. First impressions can be dead-on accurate.

So why waste time with second ones.

6. The best piece of advice I ever received was don't let others define you.

Or you'll never have any fun.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to errand day being over, tomorrow my plans include swimming and Sunday, I want to clean house!

Well, actually, you know, I don't want to, but I'm gonna anyway.

6 comments:

  1. I really like how you added more information after each fill in; it makes the exercise much more effective and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I will go on from time to time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your #2 sounds perfect! that's my favorite time of the year also.

    Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. chipped beef gravy? we call that "shit on a shingle" in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stoppping by, everyone!

    SOS, yep, that's what my Dearest called it when he came home from the military, except I won him over because I can make a scrumscious dinner of this.

    When I told my mother that was my favorite dish from childhood, my parents looked at each other and laughed because we were eating chipped beef gravy back then 'cuz they were broke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the advice! And your answer to #1 :-)

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!