Sunday, May 06, 2007

Blue Monday

From Monday's A Bitch. (Ain't it the truth.)

1.What's the first R-rated movie you ever saw?

The Graduate.

2.What word always makes you laugh?

Egregious.

3.What's your biggest extravagance?

Pencils. It's an addiction. There is no other explanation.

4.What song would you choose to sing if you had to serenade a crying baby to sleep?

I used to sing my baby to sleep with Viet Nam protest songs.

Come on all of you big, strong men.
Uncle Sam needs your help again.
He's got himself in a terrible jam,
Way down yonder in Viet Nam.
So put down your books and pick up a gun,
We're gonna have a lot of fun.

And it's one, two, three,
What are we fighting for?
Don't ask me, I don't give a damn.
Next stop is Viet Nam.
And it's five, six, seven,
Open up the Pearly Gates.
Oh, ain't no time to wonder why,
Whoopee, we're all gonna die.

5.What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

Nothing.

2 comments:

  1. That song is from "Hair" isn't it?

    I used to put my daughter to sleep with "All Through the Night" and "The Ash Grove" both Celtic lullabies, I believe. My mother sang a German lullaby which I know only in German, "Guten abend, gut nacht."

    Sleep well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fixin' To Die Rag, sung by Country Joe and the Fish at Woodstock.

    Your Mom's lullaby sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!