1. Recently Berleen and I discovered the allure of the Twilight series. Have you ever been sucked in to the latest "thing"? (Like Harry Potter, the movie Titanic, social networking, etc. etc. etc.)
kiddo told me last week, we were on Twitter before it was cool. Yes and no. We're on there all right. Was it ever cool? Doubtful. Will someone tell Ashton Kutcher his time is up?
2. What software do you use for your email?
3. Are you comfortable being nude?
4. What is something you plan on doing this summer?
Ocean. Ocean. Ocean.
5. Do you have a favorite movie/book quote? If so, what is it?
"The difference between writers and people who write is the difference between bullfighters and bullshitters." Screenwriting From The Soul -- Richard Krevolin
6. How many email addresses do you have?
More than enough.
7. Is the sky falling?
No, just leaking a little.
8. Have you been to the Grand Canyon?
Why, yes I have, on a trip with my parents when I was a skinny young thing. I still remember people bailing out of their cars to run to the edge and look in. No. Really. It's a hole in the ground and it's not going anywhere. What's the rush?
Had a similar experience on the boat that shuffles tourists out to the Statue of Liberty. As we motor close, suddenly everyone runs to the side facing the statue. I'm left clinging to the oft rail muttering a Hail Mary.
Holy Mother of God, don't let idiots sink this boat. Amen.
No. Really. It's a gigantic metal sculpture. She's got feet but no legs. She is not going anywhere. What's the rush?
I detect a trend.
As I have mentioned before, I am the slowest moving on my team of First Responders. Experience has taught me, this is not always a bad thing, as first on the scene is most likely to be electrocuted, shot, yelled at or barfed on. If it sorts out that way, I am content to follow along, assuring no safety hazard goes unexamined.
Which is my way of dealing with -- if life hands you lemons, hand them back and ask for a Coke.
Apparently, people have been swooshing by me for a long time. What is the rush?
9. When was the last time you mailed a hand written letter?
Back when kiddo was a just a wee college girl, and I was desperately, hopefully, unsuccessfully trying to convince her of the loveliness of a hand written letter.
Been a while.