Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Less Obsessed

In the continuing saga of The Search for the Perfect Pencil, the new Blackwings arrived, but they are not new Blackwings. They are new pencils named Blackwing that look like the old Blackwings.

Got that?

A new company bought the name and not the graphite/clay/wax formula. All that said, so what?

The Palomino Blackwings arrive in a lovely box. Nice.


By my completely unscientific, in the wind testing, I think the new Blackwing is smoother than the Palomino, darker than the old Blackwing with a combination of smooth and soft that makes for a nice instrument.
Of course, they're not perfect because they are not ROUND, but still, my new(er)* favorite.

I may stop looking. (I'll probably never stop looking.)*

*Update: Okay, I've used the new Blackwing for a while, and it is smoother than usual, darker than most, it does not replace the old Blackwing.

3 comments:

  1. If they're not round, doesn't that make them easier to grip and use?, Grasshopper asks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had an employee collapse at her desk. When the EMT's arrived, they worked very hard on her. I've never seen people so focused, so determined in their actions. She died on the way to the ER. I'm going stop by the station and say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,

    I never liked hexagonal pencils. I can never decide which side goes where. Weird, I know.

    Sorry to hear about your co-worker. The team appreciates thanks. We get notes sometimes and donations. (later)

    cmw

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!