Friday, May 26, 2006

Five On Friday


From this link I found this list and I offer this meme to the world. Or, at least the small part of the world that scrolls past my blog.



1. What was the last book you read?

Dead Run by P. J. Tracy

2. What book(s) are you reading now?

The Thieves of Heaven by Richard Doetsch
The Shooting Script by Laurence Klavan

3. Do you have a library card? Do you use it?

Yes and yes.

4. How do you choose a new book to read?

Read the back cover synopsis. If it's not about serial killers, I'll take it.

5. We all had to read books in school. Which was your favorite? Your least favorite? Do you think you would feel differently about them if you read them now?

Favorite - Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. Wasn't that everyone's favorite?

Least favorite - Mill on the Floss by George Elliot and Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad.

Would I feel differently? I think not since I can still remember that classroom, teacher and the strong desire to bang my head on the desk so I could pass out before another chapter was forced upon me.

Mill put me off English novels for a really long time. I'm just now reading Pride and Prejudice - one chapter before bed. That's when I read those books I should have read in school but managed, with child wit and wicked deliverance, not to.

So, there's my first meme. I tag anyone so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!