Monday, February 04, 2008

Utility Is In Eye of Beholder

A new acquaintance raved about Pottery Barn furniture. I didn't know anything about Pottery Barn except that they were made fun of on Friends, so I looked them up.

And found this:

RUSTIC WOOD ACCENT TABLES

The natural lines of our reclaimed-wood stools are hewn from the trunks of Argentinian cypress trees that have died of natural causes*. They've been smoothed and finished to bring out their inherent character.

Natural is shown; also available in Espresso
Short $199.00
Tall $249.00

Little did I realize, I had a virtual gold mine behind the garage.

You see, we have these in Montana, too.
Except, we call it firewood, and buy it by the cord.
I'm rich.





*my emphasis.

2 comments:

  1. I have some old weathered bricks by the side of my house, reclaimed from a building which was being torn down. I wonder if I could spray a sealant finish on them and sell them as "natural" paperweights. You and I could go into business together....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably could sell them to someone who wanted that antique "distressed" look for something new they're building.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!