Friday, June 18, 2010

Eat Me


Friday, June 18, 2010

What's the one food you feel like you couldn't live without? What's the one food you'd rather die than put in your mouth?

Someone seems very attached to food.

I don't feel that type desperation toward food.

I do have my cravings and preferences however.

What wouldn't I like to live without?

Orange Marmalade.

I recently found I could buy my favorite marmalade online after local merchants stopped carrying it. I bought a case. Which will probably do me until I can't eat toast anymore.

What's the one food you'd rather die than put in your mouth?

I don't like squash in any form. Do not try to hide it in bread or cake and expect me to eat it. Probably left over childhood angst from when my parents garden produced a bounty of zucchini and it was at every meal. Gag me.

Bonus answer -- favorite meal? Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

  1. mmm, I expect to be grilling lots of squash next week! Summer squash, zucchini, eggplant and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a child, we were poor in terms of cash money (lived on a Connecticut farm), so we were expected to eat whatever was put on the table -- or get a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (the only option offeed).

    However, my sister and I were allowed to have one food we would not eat under any circumnstances and we could have something else instead without resorting to the pbj. Hers was liver; mine was oysters.

    To this day I will not eat oysters in stew, fried, raw--in any form. I'd rather starve. Gag.

    Favorite food? Don't really have one. Unless you can call coffee food.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!