Sunday, October 19, 2008

Manic Monday

Manic Monday #138

How long does it take you to get out of bed in the morning?

Waterbed. Depends on if the tide's in or out.

Actually, not long. No reason to tarry, but if you really want to see some quick moves, check in when the pager goes off at 2AM. Regular firemen must be able to put on their turnouts in 90 seconds.

We told the newest EMTs, they had to go from buck naked to enroute in five minutes and they laughed 'cuz they thought we were kidding. We were kidding about the test.

Truthfully, we don't have a time standard for that, but I've done it in six.

Do you usually sleep on one side of the bed or another?

On the right, but drift toward the middle.

Something you wish to accomplish before the end of the year:

Make some money.

10 comments:

  1. I googled to find a naked fireman picture for you, dear readers. Don't say I never did anything for you.

    Maybe I shoulda looked for naked EMTs -- golly, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post today, and very cute picture!

    Here is my post, it will appear in about 45 minutes. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:10 PM

    LOL @ the first answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answer to #1. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your answers.
    Had to laugh about what you wrote about the tide.

    My Manic Monday can be found ::here::.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:32 AM

    I'd have my undies on upsidedown wrongside out if I got dressed that fast. I took dd to the bus stop in my jammies this morning. I get right p but I have trouble getting out of my warm jammies into cold clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha I have some nekkid fireman pics, but they'd gross you out LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never thought about how long it takes me to get out of bed -- a few seconds; I hate the alarm -- and never timed how long it takes to throw on some clothes. I always leave myself enough time to mumble around and stumble over the dog a couple of times, because I truly, truly hate to rush to work at the last minute, all discombobulated.

    However, in an emergency, I've gone from sound asleep to dressed and out the door in under 10 minutes. But it would take another life-threatening emergency for me to do it again!

    Where do I sleep on the bed? Wherever I become horizontal, though quite a bit I end up across it rather than parallel. Dunno why. Maybe it has something to do with ley lines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey - thanks for stopping by. Nice manic monday.
    Out the door in 6 mins is impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!