Thursday, January 12, 2006

Personality Quirks


Possibly because I don’t like a particular yucky green, this test reports I’m stressed.

I wonder if there is considerable science behind this or if it’s another instance of a mere mortal brain clutching at straws. Sounded close enough to make me mumble – yeah, wish I could just go back to bed.

Remember the Magic 8 Ball – ye olde black plastic predictor of the future? I don’t remember when or how or even what happened, but I have a definite sense memory of clutching one of those little beauties, shaking it vigorously and waiting breathlessly to see what the universe had in store for me.

Here two intrepid souls disassemble the Magic 8 Ball to see what’s inside. They discovered the answers offered broke down like this –

50% positive
25% negative
25% ambiguous

I like those odds. Wish real life sorted out like that.

Here's the link, if you want to give it a try.

WATCH OUT FOR GREEN.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:57 PM

    WEIRD i took it yesterday, and i just retook it and it gave me the same answers:
    "Works well in cooperation with others but is disinclined to take the leading role. Needs a personal life of mutual understanding and freedom from discord."

    yea that thing is kinda mean, what does it think it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was pretty much on target with me (and not always in the nicest way, er, um) so I think it's freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely, weird. Mine felt pretty close but how could selecting a series of colors reveal my personality, convoluted and complex as it is. :)

    I looked up color psychology before we painted my office and I love those colors and am happy in there (whether or not I'm getting any work done.)

    Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:45 PM

    I liked the yellow and the dark red, and brown, and green. and im also happy in my painted maroonie-pink room, better than bright turquoise, ick.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!