Friday, June 02, 2006

Say What?

Meme

(meem) A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.


I've been posting ideas and links from other meme sights, and decided to try my hand at it.

So, here's my first. Probably last (although I can't promise that.)

In the screenplay that first got me some attention, there was one character who always said what nobody else would ever say. She would barge into a scene and say the most outrageous stuff while everyone else gaped at her. I loved her. Writing her was the most fun I've ever had in a room by myself. Ah, well, maybe not the most ... nevermind. And the odd part was that she always told the truth, but that never helped her cause.

So, what would you say, that you would ordinarily NEVER say, but if you knew you could get away with it, what would you say? And to whom.

I'll go first.

Darlin' Girl, you're scaring the crap out of your mother, but don't let that stop you.



Want to make your own Warning Labels? Here's the link.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Cynthia - I'll answer the meme and see if Scruffybutt wants to, as well, but I'm doing "getting the new house ready to move into" type things, and I come home exhausted. Thanks for tagging me; I enjoy memes - but it may be Sunday or Monday, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Thanks for playing.

    Hope your move goes well. I know how unsettling that can be.

    Has Scruffybutt forgiven you for the cat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:41 AM

    I am doing mine today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:11 AM

    Hi Cynthia,

    Looks like a fun challenge (Todd of "Moviequill" had a good one).

    Also, the warning sign generator is a hoot. :-)

    Best Regards,
    Devin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Don't think I've seen your blog before, so welcome to the Scribosphere! Thanks for the link.

    Looks like you dig these meme things. I started one some time ago for the Scribosphere specifically. If you haven't answered it yet, you can find it via my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!