Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Since The World Didn't End 6/6/06

I decided to answer the Scribosphere Meme because everyone else on the Web has. I tarried on the first question because I have so many film related memories.

ONE (1) earliest film-related memory:

Watching WIZARD OF OZ every year around Easter. To this day, if anyone asks me, what’s your favorite movie, my Dad shouts out, WIZARD OF OZ.

Realizing in the middle of YANKEE DOODLE DANDY that a movie didn't have to have a horse in it for me to watch it all the way through. Except, those were both on TV.

BAMBI at the Drive-In. Repeatedly asking my parents Is It Almost Over? I wanted everyone out of that burning forest.

Seeing DRACULA, also at the Drive-In with my parents.

My parents were warped.

I may have gone through puberty during a Sean Connery movie. I had a thing about hairy chests for quite a while.

First date with the guy I married, we saw a Charlie Bronson movie. If we’d both been paying attention, much of what followed could have been anticipated.

TWO (2) favorite lines from movies:

Then one day the cat got her. PAULIE
What did you have in mind? HARVEY

THREE (3) jobs you'd do if you could not work in the "biz":

Too obstinate to consider fallback jobs.

FOUR (4) jobs you actually have held outside the industry:

Too depressing.

THREE (3) book authors I like:

James Rollins
Robert Parker
Sharon McCrumb

TWO (2) movies you'd like to remake or properties you'd like to adapt:

I wouldn’t remake anyone’s movie. Remakes are the work of the Devil. Let’s just say, I’m into original work.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing, and more importantly for playing by your own rules! :-)

    Did you skip the last question on purpose, or did it get lost somewhere in the blogospheric game of telephone that "memes" have become? The was a final question of 1 screenwriter you think is underrated.

    And welcome to the Scribosphere, if I have not yet welcomed you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    I usually hesitate to reveal my popcorn tastes, so I skipped it. Especially after reading many of other scripters' choices.

    I'm chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!