This weekend we saw PAN'S LABYRINTH and THE MESSENGERS.
Pan's Labyrinth is excellent. Well-made, intriguing and disturbing like a genuine fairy tale. In Spanish with English subtitles.
The Messengers is too long. Never escalates beyond the same BOO scare over and over. Dylan McDermot should sue his agent.
From Ten on Tuesday - 10 Movies That Made You Cry.
1. Honkytonk Man
2. Seabiscuit -- three different times.
3. Steel Magnolias -- every time I watch it.
4. Mr. Holland's Opus -- had a moment that took my breath, an almost cry.
5. Cool Runnings -- same deal.
6. One of the Star Trek movies, but I was pregnant at the time so that one might not count.
7. World Trade Center
8. The trailer for Flight 93. What a big baby I am.
9. I seem to remember getting a little misty at that one with Nick Cage as an angel and Meg Ryan, his love interest. Oh, how he yearned for her. Sigh.
10. Life is Beautiful.
Anyone else want to play? Have at it.