Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Thursday Thirteen for Halloween.
1. Since we are currently kiddo-less, no more trick or treating night walks for us.
2. Little known weather phenomena -- only in Montana. It doesn't matter how warm it is the day before, Halloween night is always 20 below. You know you're in Montana when all the little princesses and pirates are wearing costumes over snowsuits.
One year, it was -50. That's right, 50 degrees below zero, and we were trick or treating with our princess. Her Dad and I had to take turns warming up in the car. Turns out, Montana Princesses are unaffected by cold.
3. I remember being told I was too old to trick or treat when I was still a kid. Once when I dressed up as a ghost to go along with my kiddo, a very-determined lady kept motioning me to come up to the door and get a treat, and I thought, But, I'm the Mom. I finally went up and held out my hand. M&Ms if I remember right.
4. We once baked our own pumpkin seeds. They were so good. I got so sick.
5. I always wanted to be a cowboy.
6. Went once as Snow White.
7. Kiddo's first Halloween, she went as a black cat.
8. Went to an adult Halloween party as Buffalo Bill Cody. Brought my own buffalo.
9. Our favorite thing to do evolved into a night of scary movies, and eating all the candy we bought. See Weather Phenomena #2.
10. I like scary monster movies. I do not like scary serial killer movies.
11. My sister went to an adult Halloween party as Captain Jack Sparrow. She has the hair for it.
12. Currently, my favorite scary movie is THE RING.
13. If I were to dress up this year, I'd go as a zombie.