Thursday, September 18, 2008

Threat Effect

I haven't flown since 9/11.

Not because I was afraid of terrorists; because I couldn't think of anywhere I wanted to go, bad enough to get frisked.

I was also not encouraged to stand in line with other travelers, joyfully surrendering their civil rights in the name of presumed safety. I sometimes get scrappy standing in lines. I decided I'd rather not end up in the Federal Pen for being a smart ass, so I stayed home.

Now, in a miracle worthy of Vatican attention, I get to go to the OCEAN again. Yes, you heard that right. Twice in one year.

*
To meet Honey Bunny after his work conference to spend the weekend at the beach, I have to fly.

Alas.

Well,

they say, it's not all that bad, anymore.

TSA's got it down to a science. You'll be whisked through that risk assessment, bag screening, metal detecting station before you know it.

Wham, Bam, Move Along Ma'am.

Just remember not to bring an ice axe, meat cleaver or more than three ounces of liquid.

Honest, they're on the list.

So, I'm trying to think of something else.

Ocean, OCEAN, OCEAN.

By the time you're reading this, I will either be on my way to a romantic weekend on the Oregon coast, or the Federal Pen for unrepentant smart-aleckiness.

Some things, dear hearts, don't change.


*
Hugh Laurie

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:56 AM

    my eyes are burning from looking at hugh laurie's ass. ow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:44 PM

    http://placeforfun.net/pics/Funny-Animals/Funny-Animals-1.jpg
    hahahahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I popped up on the page, read the title and then glanced at the pictures. Funny, once I started reading, it wasnt about what I guessed at all... hee, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last time we flew somewhere, they pulled my husband aside for random checking, including his shoes. When he got through and joined me, I said, loudly, "I feel MUCH safer now!"

    Enjoy the ocean! Or cell, whichever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candace,

    I watched them check my ticket to see if I was to be randomly screened. I would have been very unhappy if that had happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stella,

    Use your shades next time.

    hahhahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!