Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Girls Rock

This is why my hair's turning gray.

That's my college girl "bouldering," as she calls it. But, let me tell you. That is not a boulder. Ok. Not a boulder. It is a freakin' cliff.

She's out on an archeological dig now, camping rough, so I can talk about her, and she'll never know.

After this particular climb, she apologized for scaring me, even though I hadn't said a word. I guess you have to be a parent, maybe a Mom, to understand how a human heart can hold an equal measure of panic and pride.

Girls Rock.

3 comments:

  1. They call that "bouldering?!" Eek! Shouldn't they be attached to ropes or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those all your daughter -- a collage of some sort?

    Since I'm afraid of heights, I will go quietly away and have nightmares now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace,

    Ropes and a net would not be amiss, if you ask me. She's arranged for someone to teach her climbing with ropes. A couple of boys who say, "Dude," a lot. :\

    Pooks,

    It's a collage I made with Picture It. I love making those. Most of the pictures this day were out of focus, for some strange reason.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!