Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Both.

2. Real tree or artificial?

Real tree. Artificial trees are against my religion.

3. When do you put up the tree?

As soon after Thanksgiving as I can manage.

4. When do you take the tree down?

After the presents are opened.

Top three things I can't bear to see – a lost dog, a crying child and the Christmas Tree after the presents are all gone.

5. Do you like eggnog?

Yes. May I have brandy in mine?

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

Cockpit of an airliner with engine noise and blinking lights.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?

Yes. And I made the stable myself.

8. Hardest person to buy for?

Husband. Never says what he wants.

9. Easiest person to buy for?

Kid. Never stops saying what she wants.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Computer I didn’t want.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

Die Hard.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

July.

Just kidding. First payday in December.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Turkey.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?

Clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song?

Silver Bells.

17b. Christmas Song That, When You Hear It, Makes Your Eyes Bleed And Your Brains Start To Leak Out Your Ears, Because That Is Less Painful Than Having To Listen To That *&%^&$# Song One More Time!

Twelve Days of Christmas. Stop already.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home.

Used to flit between the in-laws and my parents. Have reached the age now that everyone comes to my house.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph. I can name the Seven Dwarves too. Happy, Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Sleepy, Grumpy and Sneezy. But I sometimes forget where I parked the car.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

Santa.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Christmas morning like at 3 AM.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?

Traffic.

24. Favorite Christmas Tradition?

Used to be the annual Christmas letter, but blogging has relieved me of that impulse.

25. Outdoor decorations?

Too cold out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!