Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Got The Grays

oy!

Today’s Poetry Prompt: Write a Blues Sonnet
  1. Write 5 thematically similar heroic couplets of iambic pentameter.
  2. In first four, repeat first line of each couplet, yielding the 14 lines of the sonnet.
  3. Then, if desired, modify middle lines, of the stanzas without disturbing rhyme or rhythm to strengthen the stanza and give variety.
  4. Get out a blues recording and have fun singing your blues song!
Okay. Not for nothing, but you're out of your ever-lovin' mind.

Oh, wait. I just remembered I have written a few songs, back when I was first learning to play guitar. One was about how much I loved my guitar. GOD SAVE US.

The other was an -- I'm annoyed and no one cares -- kind of thing titled: I'm Last On Your List Of Things To Do. AHEM.

Another was It's Hard To Be Good When It's So Much Fun Being Bad.

As you can see, a great rockin' blues career lived and died on a very short vine.

And, thank your lucky stars, I cannot find any of that writing, or we would have proof, pure and final, that I have no shame as I would PROBABLY have posted them.


Why do they call it blue
when it feels gray?


Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!