Thursday, March 05, 2009

Chance and Luck

Just when I was getting a good start on worrying about kiddo moving to Europe, where there's a terrorist behind every tree and other perils I have yet to imagine, a building blows up in the town where she lives now.
Down the street from her house. Gas leak. Five people missing at first report. One person confirmed dead.

Poor mother's nerves. I'm going to end up looking like that cat.

I wonder if a nerve tonic would help?

I suppose this proves, the futility of worry. Worry about this, and that will sucker punch you to the floor.

Some of your hurts you have cured,
And the sharpest you still have survived,
But what torments of grief you endured
From the evil which never arrived.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!