Monday, August 14, 2006

WTC - The Movie

Bring a hanky.*

I’m not much of an Oliver Stone fan, but this movie is good. He has a point, and it’s important he makes it, whether the time is right or not.

As a student of screenwriting, what I learned from this film is that the smallest moments can make the biggest impact.

*Hanky Disclaimer

I cry at the movies.

I cried at the original Disney version of The Jungle Book.
I cried in Honkytonk Man.
I cried in Steel Magnolias. I’ve seen that movie seven or eight times. I cry every time.
I cried three times in Seabiscuit.

Once, I cried during an ad for a Star Trek Movie. I was pregnant at the time. I blame hormones for that one.

My point being, I am not perhaps, the best judge of what is or may not be a weeper, but there's no reason to be unprepared.

Bring a hanky.

1 comment:

  1. It's getting great reviews. Did you see where they found that guy - the rescuer? He saw a trailer for the movie and realized that it was about him!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!